Over a career of 30 years, I have been active in business and non-profits as an owner, managing partner, investor, chief financial officer, treasurer and board member. I’ve developed business models and strategic plans, implemented sales and acquisitions, negotiated with landlords, partners, suppliers, lenders, sellers and buyers. Much of my experience is in financial management (accounting, budgeting, investing) and I bring a financial perspective to a range of business areas.
Current and recent board membership:
- Ten Directions, Inc, Treasurer, Finance Committee chair (2006-current)
- Center for Mindfulness at UMASS Medical Center, Worcester (advisory board) (2008-current)
- Co-operative Capital Fund, founding and current President (2007-current)
- Co-operative Fund of New England (a CDFI), Loan Committee chair, Treasurer (1993-2010)
Business positions include:
- MySan Theatre Corp, treasurer and partner, managing partner and CFO with Regal Entertainment and United Artists Theatres in three Staten Island, NY theatres (35 screens) (1989-2004)
- Manhattan, NY theatres (partner) including 86th Street Quad, Eastside Playhouse, 68th Street Playhouse (with City Cinemas/Reading Entertainment) (1989 to present)
- Tomsun Foods International (publicly traded), Chief Financial Officer, Controller, accountant (1984-1989)
- Partner in real estate partnerships domestically and internationally
My experience includes:
- Strategic planning.
- Developing business models and business plans.
- Preparing budgets and projections for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Financial analysis.
- Financial oversight and review.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements.
- Reviewing federal and state tax returns.
- Establishing partnerships and negotiating agreements.
- Investing in partnerships and other vehicles.
- Sales of partnership interests (to investors, small companies and large public companies).
- Lease negotiations for several theatres in New York City and Long Island.
- Construction and renovation of theatres in New York City and a retreat center in Connecticut.
- Real estate sales and purchases.
- Negotiating financing as both borrower and lender.